Hope all you crazy NaNo’ers are doing fantastically! I had originally planned to try and finish up my current WIP in time to start something new for the month and sort of unofficially participate, but as I was frantically writing last week one of my characters decided to stop being super passive and use all her skills and now I have at least 15K left to add. Go me.
Also, this is what happens when you write the beginning, then the ending, and then go back to fill in the middle. *shrugs*
So today I thought I’d help you learn from my mistakes and share my time honored method for plotting a story.
Le Plot Points
1. Something happens
2. Characters – “why was I worried? It’ll be fine.”
3. Something terrible happens
4. *Character sweating.* It’s fine. IM FINE!!
4.5. time for a snack
6. *Characters softly weeping*
6.5 why is everyone yelling?
7. Explosions probably
7.5 I bet someone dies here
8. Scene with delicious food happens here
9. Everyone is happy until I decide to make it into a ten book series with 20 spinoffs.
(Fun fact: Happy initially autocorrected to shot 😛 So if that doesn’t tell you all you need to know about my books, then idk what to tell you.)